Group Sales & Special Events Manager
|Title:||Group Sales & Special Events Manager|
JOB TITLE: Group Sales and Special Events Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager and Home Office staff
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Event Coordinator
Manage strategic Group Sales growth and execution within the local community. Our ideal candidate will positively represent GameTime and work with our clients in creating the perfect event ranging from social events to corporate team building events. You’ll need to have strong networking skills, great multi-tasking abilities and the drive to succeed!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primary responsibility to exceed group sales targets for their venue.
- You are outgoing and personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills!
- You love working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted Restaurant/Entertainment scene.
- Partnership with local management team to develop, manage, review and execute against exceeding daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales targets
- Responsible for all aspects of the daily reconciliation of Micros to Event Contracts through final deposits, payments, adjustments and close-outs with General Manager knowledge
- Aggressively solicit and generate new Corporate Event Sales
- Aggressively manage Birthday Party sales
- Conduct client site inspections and tours
- Establish relationships with local Visitor and Convention Bureaus, Chamber of Commerce and other local/regional and/or national business development groups and associations
- Plan, coordinate and execute outside sales calls
- Responsible for all contract management; correct pricing, tracking of signed contracts, securing deposits, final client payments, A/R maintenance and on all events according to policies and procedures
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction, ensuring proper and successful execution of all events
- Establish and oversee goal setting and sales focus with direct reports
- Responsible for generating the required database information consistently
- Oversee and maintain all site Sales collateral and material (includes table top display, banners, posters, table tents, etc.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Bachelor’s degree preferred or 5+ year’s equivalent work experience
Individual must have experience with outside sales, event planning and inside sales, strong time management skills, good oral and written communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
3-5 years experience in catering/conference services or hotel sales or with an entertainment concept, theme park or high volume restaurant preferred
Licenses or Certificates
General activities including walking, talking, sitting, standing, typing, lifting and carrying up to
Must be able to provide excellent customer service
Must have excellent time management and follow up skills necessary to perform in a fast paced, high volume environment
Equipment and Special Materials
Computer, printer, photocopy machine, fax machine etc. POS Systems
REMARKS: Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There two steps involved in this determination. The first concern whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.