|Title:||Assistant General Manager|
GameTime is looking for an Assistant General Manager that is accustomed to motivating and coaching the Management and hourly team, leading stellar shifts, and ensuring each of our guests have the ultimate guest experience. The ideal candidate will have overall responsibility for the food & beverage and game floor operations as well as the profitability of the business through the management of the people, product and facility.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
All managers, supervisors and hourly employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manage the daily shift and guest experience.
- Deliver an unparalleled guest experience through the best combination of food, drinks and games in an ideal environment for celebrating all out fun.
3. Continual improvement in the guest experience and quality of products.
4. Manage Food & Beverage aspect of the business and ensure a consistent and seamless entertainment and dining experience.
5. Profit & Loss responsibility.
6. Develop a presence in the community through engagement.
7. Schedule, develop and review supervisors, management and staff.
8. Ensure proper hiring, orientation, training and development of crew.
9. Ensure the guest experience and quality of products is at standard.
10. Ensure show quality and soft programming standards of venues.
11. Ensures compliance with all facility ambiance, gaming and maintenance standards
12. Oversee goal setting with direct reports.
13. Compliance with all cash handling policies and procedures.
14. Coordinates Group Sales events.
15. Minimal travel required.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Individual must have experience with hiring, training, scheduling, developing and reviewing venue personnel, profit and loss, as well as financial analysis
5-7 years of Assistant General Manager experience in an entertainment concept, theme park or high volume restaurant.
Licenses or Certificates
Local or State requirements regarding food handling and liquor service
General restaurant activities including walking, talking, sitting, standing, typing, lifting and carrying
Must be able to provide excellent customer service
Must have excellent time management and follow up skills necessary to perform in a fast paced, high volume environment
Equipment and Special Materials
Computer, printer, photocopy machine, fax machine etc. POS Systems
Microsoft Office suite
REMARKS: Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There two steps involved in this determination. The first concern whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.