|Title:||Accounts Payable clerk|
We’re seeking an Accounts Payable clerk to join our growing company. This position helps assist with the accounting and administrative tasks related to the maintenance and processing of all invoices received for payment. As well as undertake the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages all payable and weekly payment duties and responsibilities as they relate to the accounts payable function.
- Prepares two way match of invoices, packing slip, debit and credit memos.
- Confirms packing slip has been checked and has the signatures required.
- Reconciles processed work to month end reports by verifying entries and comparing to balances.
- Pay vendor by; verifying federal id numbers; resolving packing slips, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Manage the AP inbox, reviewing, and responding to internal and external inquiries
- Preparing weekly check run reports for review.
- Resolving questions regarding vendor’s accounts
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and entering or updating vendor names and data.
- Reconcile and explore variances in GL accounts
- Review and prepare yearly 1099s
- Solid understanding of the month-end close process
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a fast paced, corporate, accounting environment, including a solid understanding of accounts payable principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills as well as strong organizational skills to maintain financial files, correspondence, and records.
- Proficient in computer programs including data entry, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Sage knowledge prefer.
- Excellent oral/written communication and listening skills.
- Professional attitude, good organization skills and dependability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time